Thursday, December 3, 2009

death/ animal

im not sure when this turned into a video blog, but it seems to be the only way i can express what is interesting to me right now.


two songs are getting heavy play in my life right now. on my itunes, my ipod, and in my head.

the first is a band that Tara turned me onto called White Lies. this song DEATH i guess was featured in the movie Jennifer's Body. i downloaded that soundtrack because there is an exclusive Panic At The Disco Song on it, and White Lies kinda slipped by me, but Tara said it would be up my alley, and guess what it sure is.
They kind sound like Interpol i guess, but more catchy.. and kinda like Editors but less morose. Tara said its really depressing, but if i want depressing ill listen to Mogwai or Death In June.
This song DEATH is probably the most memorable on the album, but i find myself listening to LOSE MY LIFE a lot. the song E.S.T. was featured in the show Dirty Sexy Money, much to my surprise.

i chose to present the live version of the video because i love live versions. you get to see more of what the band is really like.

the second song that has been my obsession for a couple of MONTHS now is by a band called Miike Snow. yes, there are supposed to be two i's in the name. they are from Sweden, and have apparently only been a band for like 2 years.
the song ANIMAL instantly caught my attention. the almost ska-like up stroke on the keyboards, the dude's awesome voice, and the almost carnival drum line.
i was instantly bummed when i saw what the band looked like.
ive heard a few live versions of this song, and they are always like 2 minutes longer than the album version, and always different, which to me shows that these dudes are real ARTISTS and are concerned with making music live, not just replicating their songs in a live environment for the sake of their listeners.

this version of the song/ video is awesome because they are in the fucking WOODS. there are only three dudes in the band, the Jason Patrick looking singer dude, the keyboard guy with the shitty moustache and total Newport-hipster looking hair, and the drummer. killer matching jackets, too.
whatever. i guess i can overlook their appearance and just listen to the music. the whole album is really good, some electro parts in it, lots of pop flair, and passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment