Friday, February 6, 2009

comabox

"A nation of sheep, awake but asleep..."

I like to eat out. At nice restaurants. Well... not like 4 star establishments necessarily, but like Benihana, PF Changs, California Pizza Kitchen, etc. I like to be served. I like someone refilling my fucking water and washing the dishes for me. Ill pay the fucking 40 dollars or whatever so we can enjoy a nice meal once a week or so.

But that's not what I'm writing about today.

Twice this month I've noticed something. At Benihana I saw two kids watching a fucking portable dvd player at the table. Tonight at El Torito Grille, I observed three kids sitting at a table, al playing Nintendo DS.

Now, in my day, we had to sit there and be good. We didn't have an electronic babysitter. And being the parent of a 6 year old, I now know how it feels to be responsible for someone fidgeting around. I have to tell her to sit still, not talk with her mouth full, etc. I wonder if that's what my parents went through, and if they had had a little handheld device to occupy my time that they would employ such measures.

By the way, I hate cilantro. Fucking despise it. Seriously. And El Torito had a little too much cilantro in site for my liking.

I love the rain. Sleeping with the sliding glass door open just to hear it. Love walking outside to smell it. Looking out the window to watch it. Just don't like the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment